What should I do in an accident?
You can access our accident checklist via the mobile app in “Accidents & claims” under the main menu. Here's a summary of what you should do:
If there are any injuries or property damage, call 911 immediately. Even if no one is hurt, you should always contact the police and file an accident report. You might need it when you file certain claims.
After making sure everyone is safe, it's important to remain calm and stay focused on documenting the accident. Don't admit fault. An investigation may later show you were not responsible.
Document the following:
- Names and insurance information for each driver involved in the accident,
- Vehicle information for each car involved in the accident,
- Names and addresses of any witnesses, and
- Names and badge numbers of police officers and investigators.
Take photos of the accident scene and all vehicle damage, even if it's not yours. Document any contributing factors to the accident, such as obscured traffic signs or debris. Note what happened as soon as possible. If you can, draw a diagram to recreate the scene.
Report your claim
Use the Pact app to upload all your notes and photos. A claims rep will be assigned within 24 hours.
How do I file a claim?
If you are covered by a Pact auto insurance policy, you can file a claim:
- In app: In the Pact app, under the “Menu” tab, click “File a claim” and follow the instructions to submit a claim 24/7/365. Upon submission, a claims representative will be assigned within 24 hours.
- By phone (855) 722-8170: The Pact Claims team is available 24/7.