Which coverages should I get?
Pact is built to make it as convenient as possible to pick the coverages you need. Pact recommends a set of coverages customized to you when you get a quote.
If you already have an auto insurance policy or have had one in the recent past, Pact will build a plan for you that considers those coverages as much as possible so you can make an easy comparison.
If we cannot get information on your insurance history, we'll build a plan just for you, based off of your profile information and the condition of your vehicles. You can learn about your plan after getting a quote in the mobile app.
Understanding your coverages
- Deductible - This is the amount you pay for covered damages before Pact starts to pay. Selecting a higher deductible will lower your premium, but it means you'll have to pay more out-of-pocket in case of an accident.
- Limit - This is the maximum amount of money Pact will pay if you make a claim. Limits have a per person limit and/or a per accident limit.
- Example: You have liability insurance with a $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident limit. If you are at-fault in an auto-accident—regardless of of how many people are injured—Pact will pay up to $50,000 to any individual for their injuries, and no more than $100,000 total.
- Premium - This is how much you pay to keep your auto insurance active. With Pact, you can pay monthly or pay for 6-months in full.
Understanding each coverage
General coverages for your entire policy:
- Bodily injury liability – We pay the medical costs that you’re responsible for as a result of an accident, up to the limit you choose.
- Property damage liability — We pay the repair costs that you’re responsible for as a result of an accident, up to the limit you choose.
- Medical payments – We pay the medical costs when you get injured as a result of an accident, regardless of who’s at fault, up to the limit you choose.
- Uninsured/underinsured bodily injury – We pay the medical costs of you and your passengers' injuries when you’re struck by a driver who doesn’t have any or enough insurance, up to the limit you choose.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist property damage – We pay for the cost of repairs to your vehicle when the driver at fault doesn't have any or enough insurance, up to the limit you choose.
Coverages for your vehicles
- Collision – We pay the repair costs of your car if you happen to collide with someone or something, after you pay the deductible you choose.
- Comprehensive – We pay the repair costs of your car for incidental damage (natural disaster, vandalism, theft, deer) that you are not at fault for, after you pay the deductible you choose.
- Roadside assistance – We pay for the service to get your vehicle drivable or off the road due to mechanical or electrical issues, including towing, battery service, flat tire service, fuel delivery, lockout service, and extrication.
- Flexible transportation – We pay your ridesharing or rental car costs when you need transportation while your car is being repaired as a result of a covered claim, up to the limit you choose.
- Loan/lease payoff – We pay for the gap between what you owe on your car and what it’s worth when your leased vehicle is totaled in a covered accident, theft, or other loss.
How is my premium calculated?
Pact determines your rate from the information you put into your quote. This includes:
- Where you live
- What cars you drive (make, model, year of vehicle)
- Who is driving (your driving record, gender, age, and other factors)
- How much you're covered for
Here's what Pact does not use to calculate your rate:
- Color of your vehicle
We also do not require you to use any dongles or other telematics devices to determine your rate.
How do I know what I am covered for?
You can find your Coverage summary under “Policy documents” on the Menu tab of the Pact app, alongside your other policy documents.
Do I have roadside assistance?
Yes. We offer 24/7 Roadside Assistance nationwide through the Pact app or by phone.
How do I add or remove vehicles? Drivers?
Under “Change your policy” in the Menu tab on the Pact app, you are able to add and remove vehicles and drivers from your policy.